Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Horses

With the current drought conditions, I am having to open up spaces I normally don't in order to take some pressure off of the pastures.  I know we have more grass out there than so many other places out in the great State of Texas.  At least the grass is still a green color.  However, the grass and dustiness makes me think of how it is in the month of August and September around here.  Not good.

Regardless of how I feel about turning the ponies out in other areas of the property, they were more than happy to oblige. . .  And my yard is getting mowed in the process. . . well. . .everything but the weeds and certain pain in the rear grasses such as smut grass.  I must say they are doing a good job cropping the grass I'd just end up having to weed-eat.




No comments:

Post a Comment