Saturday, August 6, 2011

Trouble Makers

Remember the mountain lion story that turned out to be a bird?  I could not for the life of me figure out what this bird was so I took pictures and sent them in to the Cornell school of Orinthology.  I was pleasantly surprised that they got back to me and were able to answer as to what bird it was.  It is called a green heron and they are very common. 

That is funny because I don't recollect ever seeing or hearing one.  But they are pretty cool looking.  The pictures I was able to get were of hatchlings that were emerging from the nest.  They were very skittish so I wasn't able to get close enough to get just really good pictures with my old rinky-dink camera.  Though they were enough to help identify the birds, I found a better picture of an adult to share with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment