Monday, May 2, 2011

Confirmed. . . Mountain Lion!!!!! (Easter Sunday 2011)

Yep. . .hubby got up at 4 this a.m. to start briskets/ribs. . . . about daylight, he heard a big cat. . . come in to get the 22-250. . . and it woke me up. . . I went out and listened. . .  Told him he was crazy . .Ain't no way that was a fawn. . . and nor could the sounds move away so quickly if it had been a fawn. . .  Hubby thinks it was after the goats, possibly.  But it was less than 300 yds from the house.    Hubby grew up on this hill, hearing them, but has also heard them while hunting in Colorado.  I think I will be keeping one of the rifles handy AND loaded.  This means war!!!!!!

SCAAAAAAARRRRRRRYYYYYY!!!  And I don't like the notion of me being by myself and outside alone. . . And even worse, hubby's grandmother.  I got on her and told her to be vary careful when she was outside.  I'd hate for anything to happen to her.  Not something I'd want to find. . . especially after watching a stupid, scary movie (Frozen) with hubby last night.  (What was I thinking. . . I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about scenes from the show.)

Just got through target practicing. . . I probably will hit better with a bow. . . What has happened to me?  Used to could pick up a gun with out having shot in a long time with it and hit what and where I was aiming. . . . Not pick one up or practice in a while and go kill a deer or varmit.  I certainly better not apply to Top Shot at this point. . . Practiced with the .357 Sig. . . as it is smaller to tote around than a rifle. . . Hubby tends to hit high with it but I tend ot hit low. . . What is up with that. . . Tried the 22-250. . . . can hit with it. . just not comfortable with it.  Most comfortable with the .22 rifle and can hit with it just not dead on.  What the heck is wrong with me?  Is it just aging?  Hubby laughed and said that if anything, I'd at least scare it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment